Skip to main content

Lost or Stolen License Plates

Lose your trailer plate?  Misplace the plates to an old vehicle?  Things like that happen.

As a service to the community the St. Lawrence County Sheriff's Office assists the public in filling out the necessary paperwork to submit to the Department of Motor Vehicles to report your plate missing or lost.

People finding themselves in this situation can come to the Sheriff's Office and make a report.  There is also a form to fill out, "REPORT OF LOST, STOLEN OR CONFISCATED MOTOR VEHICLE ITEMS."  Our personnel will help fill this out so you can bring it to the Department of Motor Vehicles.

This form can also be used when a Driver's License, Non-Driver ID, or Registration Sticker is stolen or lost for whatever reason.

If you have any questions regarding this service to the community please call the Office at 379-2222.

For more information you can check out the NYS DMV web page about lost, stolen plates or destroyed plates.